Welcome to Lottrips! Today we are going to discuss the often asked question “How can I go for Umrah from USA” – And in this guide, we’ll share ways to get cheapest Umrah package from USA, eVisa processing, and other considerations to make your Hajj-Umrah convenient.
Do you need a visa for Hajj-Umrah?
Visas are granted for both business and visitor trips, as well as for pilgrimage to Makkah and Madinah. However this isn’t the only way to enter the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for Umrah’s purpose, there are some other options as well. Travel to Jeddah, Mecca, Medina, and connecting roads are valid for hajj and umrah visas.
Hajj and Umrah Visa from USA
There is a quota system for Hajj visas based on the number of Muslims in a country; The system varies by country, but generally involves the assistance of a travel agency.
After Saudi Arabia lifted its ban on Hajj & Umrah, now any Muslim can go on Umrah from the United States and apply for a visa. As the USA is not an Islamic country, they may ask you to show an official document confirming your religious affiliation. Muslims who convert to Islam must provide a certificate from the mosque that conducted the ceremony.
Can I perform Umrah using a tourist Visa?
Yes, you can perform umrah through a tourist visa. Tourist visas enable multiple entries within a year for up to 90 days each. It’s also affordable and one of the most popular options these days.
Visa will cost you about a hundred twenty to two hundred dollars and book your umrah package from the USA about seven to ten days before you get your passport back.
In addition, you can get a tourist visa online however for an umrah visa you may need to visit the office.
Rules for obtaining a visa for Saudi Arabia
When you plan to apply for a visa for Saudi Arabia from the USA, you must take into account the following:
- The passport must be valid for a minimum of six months.
- You should have a covid-19 vaccination certificate.
- When applying for a visa, women under the age of 25 must be accompanied by their brother or husband, who must arrive and leave the country at the same time as them.
- Women over the age of 25 can travel without the guardianship of a man, but only as part of a licensed tour group.
- Men and women are only granted visas and are allowed to travel together if they are married (with an official marriage certificate) or if they are part of a group.
- An unmarried couple is not allowed to travel together alone; doing so risks arrest.
Getting informed is important
We recommend that traveler’s country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs be consulted before and during Umrah for any information relating to safety, health, visa issues, etc.
Contact us for any queries or to book your umrah from USA with Lottrips and get unmatched hospitality.